Saturday, June 19, 2010

17 years and counting....

June 19, 1993...what a wonderful day. Looking back over the past 17 years is amazing. I remember sitting in a college geography class, in 1993 so bored, so my friend Stacey and I started planning out our lives. Danny and I were newly married so it was fun to dream what our life together would be like. I am a planner by nature, I love to have a plan so I thought it was a great idea. I wrote down what month and year I would have each of our 4 children (3 boys and 1 girl). When we would move, and where we would live. So many major events in our life. I thought I had a WONDERFUL plan...it looked great on paper. Looking back on that plan now, I realize something...not ONE thing on that list came to pass. LOL

Something else I realize is that the plan the Lord had for Danny and my life together has been even greater than I could have dreamed. I am not saying that the past 17 years have been perfect, but they have been an amazing journey with such happiness and joy I couldn't have imagined. No, I didn't have 5 boys...especially TRIPLET boys on my life plan, but I wouldn't change anything about my actual life. I am so blessed and thankful that 17 years ago I married my best friend and we have 5 amazing boys to share our life with.






2 comments:

Allison and Mason: said...

I love these pictures!! You two are/were gorgeous together.

Isn't it funny how we tend to plan things out and then they never happen quite as we imagine. I find myself doing that right now with all this time on my hands. Who knows what in store for us.

That's what makes each of our own life adventures unique!

SassyMama said...

Happy Anniversary!