Saturday, February 11, 2012

3rd grade love story....

I won't be divulging which of my 3 third graders told me this story so as not to break any confidentiality but I had to share the funniest story of 3rd grade love.  

I have  a pretty good memory and I remember 3rd grade.  I remember a cute blonde boy named Derrick gave me some earrings for Christmas.  I was slightly embarrassed since I didn't even know he liked me but I was flattered. Third grade love :)

So when I was having an evening of "special time" with one of my boys, who shall remain nameless, I started asking about how third grade was going.  They have a friend who just moved into the school but wasn't in their class so I asked whose class he was in and who else was in the class.  After naming several boys in the class he mentioned his "girlfriend" was in the class as well.

I said, "how do you know she's your girlfriend, have you kissed her?"  He said "no", I said, "have you held her hand?"  He said "no".  I said "well then how do you know she is your girlfriend?"  He replied, "well everyone in the third grade has been saying we make a cute couple and we are meant for each other so at recess I asked her what she thought about that and she said she didn't know and asked me what I thought about it and I said I didn't know, then she started ignoring me.  I'm pretty sure that means she likes me" :)  I said, "I thinks that is exactly what that means."

AHHH third grade love.....so sweet :)

1 comment:

Sarah and Cam said...

ha ha ha I love it! Can I guess who it is!? ;-)